CUPS 1.6 Documentation
List of CUPS 1.6 Documents
snmp.conf - snmp configuration file for cups
file configures how the standard CUPS network backends
(http, https, ipp, ipps, lpd, snmp, and socket) access printer information using
SNMPv1 and is normally located in the /etc/cups
directory. Each line in
the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment
lines start with the # character.
The Community and DebugLevel directives are used by all backends. The remainder
apply only to the SNMP backend (cups-snmp(8)).
The following directives are understood by the CUPS network backends. Consult
the on-line help for detailed descriptions:
- Address @IF(name)
- Address @LOCAL
- Address address
- Sends SNMP broadcast queries to the specified address(es). There is no default
for the broadcast address.
- Community name
- Specifies the community name to use. Only a single community name may be
specified. The default community name is "public".
- DebugLevel number
- Specifies the logging level from 0 (none) to 3 (everything). Typically only used
for debugging (thus the name). The default debug level is 0.
- DeviceURI "regular expression" device-uri [... device-uri]
- Specifies one or more device URIs that should be used for a given make and model
string. The regular expression is used to match the detected make and model, and
the device URI strings must be of the form "scheme://%s[:port]/[path]", where
"%s" represents the detected address or hostname. There are no default device
URI matching rules.
- HostNameLookups on
- HostNameLookups off
- Specifies whether the addresses of printers should be converted to hostnames or
left as numeric IP addresses. The default is "off".
- MaxRunTime seconds
- Specifies the maximum number of seconds that the SNMP backend will scan the
network for printers. The default is 120 seconds (2 minutes).
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc.