CUPS 1.6 Documentation
List of CUPS 1.6 Documents
ipptool - perform internet printing protocol requests
[ -4 ] [ -6 ] [ -C ] [ -E ] [ -I ] [ -L ] [ -S ] [ -T
] [ -V
] [ -X ] [ -c ] [ -d
] [ -f
] [ -i
] [ -n
] [ -q ] [ -t ] [ -v ]
sends IPP requests to the specified URI and tests and/or displays the results. Each named file defines one or more requests, including the expected response status, attributes, and values. Output is either a plain text, formatted text, CSV, or XML report on the standard output, with a non-zero exit status indicating that one or more tests have failed. The file format is described in ipptoolfile(5)
The following options are recognized by ipptool
- Specifies that ipptool must connect to the printer or server using IPv4.
- Specifies that ipptool must connect to the printer or server using IPv6.
- Specifies that requests should be sent using the HTTP/1.1 "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" header, which is required for conformance by all versions of IPP. The default is to use "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" for requests with attached files and "Content-Length:" for requests without attached files.
- Forces TLS encryption when connecting to the server using the HTTP "Upgrade" header.
- Specifies that ipptool will continue past errors.
- Specifies that requests should be sent using the HTTP/1.0 "Content-Length:" header, which is required for conformance by all versions of IPP. The default is to use "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" for requests with attached files and "Content-Length:" for requests without attached files.
- Forces (dedicated) SSL encryption when connecting to the server.
- -T seconds
- Specifies a timeout for IPP requests in seconds.
- -V version
- Specifies the default IPP version to use: 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.1, or 2.2. If not specified, version 1.1 is used.
- Specifies that XML (Apple plist) output is desired instead of the plain text report. This option is incompatible with the -i (interval) and -n (repeat-count) options.
- Specifies that CSV (comma-separated values) output is desired instead of the plain text output.
- -d name=value
- Defines the named variable.
- -f filename
- Defines the default request filename for tests.
- -i seconds
- Specifies that the (last) file should be repeated at the specified interval. This option is incompatible with the -X (XML plist output) option.
- Specifies that plain text output is desired.
- -n repeat-count
- Specifies that the (last) file should be repeated the specified number of times. This option is incompatible with the -X (XML plist output) option.
- Specifies that CUPS test report output is desired instead of the plain text output.
- Specifies that all request and response attributes should be output in CUPS test mode (-t). This is the default for XML output.
program is unique to CUPS.
Get a list of completed jobs for "myprinter":
ipptool ipp://localhost/printers/myprinter get-completed-jobs.test
Send email notifications to "firstname.lastname@example.org" when "myprinter" changes:
ipptool -d recipient=mailto:email@example.com
The following standard files are available:
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc.