CUPS 1.7 Documentation
List of CUPS 1.7 Documents
- The configure script now supports a --with-rundir option to change the transient run-time state directory from the default to other locations like /run/cups (STR #4306)
- The scheduler now supports PPD lookups for classes (STR #4296)
- The cupsfilter program did not set the FINAL_CONTENT_TYPE environment variable for filters.
- Added a new "-x" option to the cancel command (STR #4103)
- Made the PWG media handling APIs public (STR #4267)
- Implemented ready media support for the cupsGetDestMediaXxx APIs (STR #4289)
- Added new cupsFindDestDefault, cupsFindDestReady, and cupsFindDestSupported APIs (STR #4289)
- Added new cupsGetDestMediaByIndex, cupsGetDestMediaCount, and cupsGetDestMediaDefault APIs (STR #4289)
- Added new ippGet/SetOctetString APIs for getting and setting an octetString value (STR #4289)
- Added new ippCreateRequestedArray API for generating a array of attributes from the requested-attributes attribute.
- The ipptool utility now supports compression, conditional tests based on the presence of files, and new DEFINE predicates for STATUS.
- Added new IPP APIs for checking values (STR #4167)
- Added new IPP APis for adding and setting formatted strings.
- Added new HTTP APIs to support basic server functionality via libcups.
- The dnssd backend now generates a 1284 device ID as needed (STR #3702)
- CUPS now supports compressing and decompressing streamed data (STR #4168)
- CUPS now supports higher-level PIN printing, external accounting systems, and "print here" printing environments (STR #4169)
- IRIX is no longer a supported operating system (STR #4092)
- The PPD compiler now supports JCL options properly (STR #4115)
- The web interface now checks whether the web browser has cookies enabled and displays a suitable error message (STR #4141)