snmp.conf - snmp configuration file for cups
file configures how the standard CUPS network backends (http, https, ipp, ipps, lpd, snmp, and socket) access printer information using SNMPv1 and is normally located in the /etc/cups directory.
Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character.
The Community and DebugLevel directives are used by all backends. The remainder apply only to the SNMP backend -
The following directives are understood by the CUPS network backends:
CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help)
Copyright © 2007-2017 by Apple Inc.
- Address @IF(name)
- Address @LOCAL
- Address address
- Sends SNMP broadcast queries (for discovery) to the specified address(es).
There is no default for the broadcast address.
- Community name
- Specifies the community name to use.
Only a single community name may be specified.
The default community name is "public".
- DebugLevel number
- Specifies the logging level from 0 (none) to 3 (everything).
Typically only used for debugging (thus the name).
The default debug level is 0.
- DeviceURI "regular expression" device-uri [... device-uri]
- Specifies one or more device URIs that should be used for a given make and model string.
The regular expression is used to match the detected make and model, and the device URI strings must be of the form "scheme://%s[:port]/[path]", where "%s" represents the detected address or hostname.
There are no default device URI matching rules.
- HostNameLookups on
- HostNameLookups off
- Specifies whether the addresses of printers should be converted to hostnames or left as numeric IP addresses.
The default is "off".
- MaxRunTime seconds
- Specifies the maximum number of seconds that the SNMP backend will scan the
network for printers.
The default is 120 seconds (2 minutes).