ppdc - cups ppd compiler (deprecated)
ppdc compiles PPDC source files into one or more PPD files.
This program is deprecated and will be removed in a future release of CUPS.
ppdc supports the following options:
CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help)
Copyright © 2007-2017 by Apple Inc.
- -D name[=value]
- Sets the named variable for use in the source file.
It is equivalent to using the #define directive in the source file.
- -I include-directory
- Specifies an alternate include directory.
Multiple -I options can be supplied to add additional directories.
- -c message-catalog
- Specifies a single message catalog file in GNU gettext (filename.po) or Apple strings (filename.strings) format to be used for localization.
- -d output-directory
- Specifies the output directory for PPD files.
The default output directory is "ppd".
- -l language(s)
- Specifies one or more languages to use when localizing the PPD file(s).
The default language is "en" (English).
Separate multiple languages with commas, for example "de_DE,en_UK,es_ES,es_MX,es_US,fr_CA,fr_FR,it_IT" will create PPD files with German, UK English, Spanish (Spain, Mexico, and US), French (France and Canada), and Italian languages in each file.
- Specifies that the output filename should be based on the ModelName value instead of FileName or PCFilenName.
- Specifies that PPD files should be tested instead of generated.
- Specifies verbose output, basically a running status of which files are being loaded or written.
Generates compressed PPD files (filename.ppd.gz).
The default is to generate uncompressed PPD files.
- Specifies the line ending to use - carriage return, carriage return and line feed, or line feed alone.
The default is to use the line feed character alone.